Places of Welcome
Invite You to
Renew & Play
- A certified landscape designer by profession and an artist and gardener by obsession.
- Provides you with custom landscape garden plans and/or consults with you about specific problems.
- Creates beautiful flower gardens that also solve those pesky site problems, and makes your home look amazing.
- Designs environmentally friendly landscapes because it’s really important.
- Thinks good design makes a difference to your everyday life.
- Celebrates over 20 years in professional practice.
Landscape Education & Certifications
- Graduate certificate from Radcliffe Seminars Landscape Program, Radcliffe College (now known as the Landscape Institute, Boston), 1994.
- International Certification from the Association of Professional Landscape Designers (APLD), 2003.
Awards & Published Work:
- New Home in an Existing Neighborhood, won Third Place in the International Design Competition, the Association of Professional Landscape Designers, 2003.
- Past Contributor to the international gardening blog GardenDrum.com
- Current blog ‘A Garden Makers Notes’.
- Former Contributing Editor to LandShapes Magazine
- Contributor to Perspectives, New England Landscape and Design History Association’s Journal, 2012
- Former Monthly columnist, the Sudbury Town Crier, 1994-99
- Featured in Taunton Press’s , Front Yard Idea Book, 2004
- Fine Gardening Magazine insert featuring a front entry garden design in, April 2002.
- Featured in Landscape Ideas You Can Use, 2012
- Segment Spotlight, Dream Gardens, New England Channel News,
Speaker & Workshop Leader
- New England Flower Show, Garden Clubs, and Plant Societies
- Ecological Landscape Association’s Winter Conference
- Featured lecturer for Fine Gardening Regional Conference
- Symposiums and Workshop Courses for the Massachusetts Horticultural Society
- Classes, workshops, courses for Radcliffe Seminars Landscape Design Program
- Workshops at Rowe Conference Center
- Past President for the New England Chapter of Professional Landscape Design (APLDNE) and held officer positions since 2003-2014.
- Former Town of Sudbury Design Review Board as both board member and Chair.
- Past President and more Sudbury Garden Club since 1985, Supporting Member since 2000.
“I’m delighted with every aspect of the work and thank you for such a pleasant and gratifying experience.” BB
.“…the new garden that you put in last year is beautiful. My favorite part is the charming little garden on the corner of the house. The “older” garden is stunning.” KO
“Thank you so much for creating our beautiful gardens!” PS
“Thanks! The garden looks terrific.” MY
“Your design is absolutely breathtaking. You do simply fabulous work.” HM
“I wanted to tell you that my garden is gorgeous. The days of rain made everything grow strong. Plus, the plants are maturing and really shaping into a full garden.” KDO
“Thanks, Maria—it looks SO nice out on the front patio. If you find a solution to get rid of the d…n mosquitoes, we’ll be out there all night!” DP
“Thank you so again for the beautiful garden! The lilies are blooming and the bench is installed. I have enjoyed sitting out on the bench enjoying the landscape while reading the mail.” B & TB
“Thank you again for the landscape design. We really appreciate your talent and ability to help out. The front of the house looks beautiful!” K & JG
Thought often about writing a thank you to tell you I am so enjoying my yard and it’s not even spring yet. It’s just beautiful in the snow, the stone wall, the wooden lattice fence, the lights. So delightful to walk on the walkway rather than tiptoeing thru wet grass and slurpy mud. Great end result. Thank you very much.” MZ
Now that the wedding is over. I wanted to thank you again for your wonderful garden plans. I got tons of compliments on both the front perennials garden and the back pool and Japanese garden.”
You were right that going out to get the mail was a daily pleasure when I walked by my flowers all spring and summer. I’m hoping to plant some of the same flowers in Chicago.” LB.
“Thank you again for creating a beautiful garden and for staying in my budget! A miracle to be sure!” JR
“BTW, I want to let you know that we meet people all the time in our neighborhood who know us by our yard. We are still getting compliments. Last week, I was even introduced to someone as ‘the person who lives on the corner with the nice yard and circular patio.’ The patio is famous.” CT